All our staff and management have a role to play in our programme from Myles in the kitchen, who oversees waste management and energy consumption, to Karen who oversees the interaction with and the communication of information regarding our policies to our customers, to all our staff who carry out a lot of the on the ground work behind the implementation of the policies.
Our staff are introduced to the Environmental Policy during their in house training and they are encouraged to give their own feedback on any improvements that they would like to see which would help us reduce our carbon footprint.
Our Environmental policy is not a marketing tool or something we are not taking seriously. We have always attempted to have it at the centre of our lives and business. We believe that respect for and protection of the environment should be the foundation on which we live and we have tried hard to minimize our impact on the natural world.
- We currently separate and recycle the vast majority of the waste we produce both in the restaurant and at home. Our aim is to recycle upwards of 90% of our waste. We carefully monitor
- our volumes of waste with a view to reducing our output as a whole.
- We buy our electricity from renewable energy suppliers.
- We only install (where possible) A rated equipment and appliances.
- We use (where possible) environmentally friendly light bulbs.
- We carefully monitor our energy and water consumption, keeping track of the usage with a view
- to reducing our consumption year on year.
- We attempt to inform all our customers of the “leave no trace” initiative which we are members
- and strongly support.
- We employ predominately local staff.
- We buy much of our ingredients from local suppliers to help support local jobs and cut down on
- food miles.
- We are working towards being Burren Ecotourism Network members by April 2014
We are very proud of our achievements to date and enthusiastic about our future endeavours towards a cleaner greener business!
Proprietors: Myles Duffy and Karen Courtney, Luogh North, Doolin, Co. Clare
Ph: 065 707 5962
Vat Number: IE9535372C